October 10, 2013
Recipes from Rosemary: Scones!
Posted by: Fabrizio Chiariello
A delicious Scones recipe from Rosemary’s kitchen today!
– 4 cups of all purpose flour
– ½ tsp. salt
– ½ tsp baking soda
– ½ Tbsp baking powder
– ½ lb. (2 sticks) of soft butter – cut into small cubes
– 4 tbsp granulated sugar
– 5 eggs
– ½ cup milk, or less
– 1/3 cup raisins, sultanas, or dried cranberries
1. Into a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle, or in a food processor, sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Add the butter cubes, and mix until the butter is blended in, and looks like coarse cornmeal.
3. Add eggs & sugar and continue to mix.
4. Slowly add the milk and continue mixing & watching until the dough is all blended, and not too dry. You may not need to add all the milk.
5. Mix in the dried fruits.
6. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface, and pat it out with your hands. With 2”- 3” round cutter, cut dough out.
7. Brush the tops with either egg whites or milk. Sprinkle top a pinch of granulated sugar.
Bake for 18 minutes in 425 degree oven.