July 23, 2013
Recipe from Rosemary: Chocolate Pound Cake
Posted by: Fabrizio Chiariello
We’re so excited to share one of Rosemary’s favorite recipes! As everyone knows, anything that comes from this award-winning baker is going to be delicious!
Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose (plain) flour
- ½ cup sifted unsweetened Dutch- process cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 180 degrees C). Butter a 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan. Sift the flour, cocoa and salt together. Set aside. Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler and melt over simmering water.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and the melted chocolate and mix well. Fold a third of the dry ingredients, then half the sour cream into the chocolate mixture; repeat, ending with the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. If the cake is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with aluminum foil. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.